The bed bug primarily bites humans, but can feed on any warm-blooded animal, including birds, mice and pets. It’s usually just under a quarter-inch long, brown or reddish brown, and relatively flat. It’s able to crawl into very small crevices in and around human living spaces. These include between mattresses, seams in bed linens, upholstery, behind wood trim, inside electrical boxes, in floors, behind wallpaper and in other spaces close to a potential meal. A female can lay 10-20 eggs per week (500-1000 eggs per year).
An infestation doesn't necessarily mean there are unclean or unsanitary living conditions. Even highly regarded multi-unit establishments in the USA have had bed bug infestations lately, probably because of domestic and international travel.
The Batzner Difference...
- One dedicated canine handler ensures accurate and efficient inspections, canines are 3x more accurate than humans.
- Our canine only alerts to live bed bugs and viable eggs. Canines that alert to dead bugs cannot confirm if an infestation has been eliminated.
- Batzner’s 3 step exclusive Bed Bug Elimination Program
- Initial inspection to identify infested areas. Our detection services will also help to eliminate or minimize the need to pay for treatment in rooms that are not affected.
- Treatment - A treatment plan is determined and performed customized on the situation.
- Post treatment inspection. We inspect the property to assure you the problem has been eliminated.
- Full services available (canine scent detection, chemical, heat, and fumigation).
- Proactive services.
- Scientifically proven Bed Bug Dog Detection to identify the presence of bed bugs in your property!
- Local, family owned and operated for over 65 years.