What to Expect
From Initial Consultation to the Service Visit
If you’re concerned you might have a pest problem, but are unsure if professional pest control is necessary, give us a call and speak to a certified Customer Service Consultant. Our certified Service Professionals are educated in pest habits and safe product usage, ensuring every issue is handled correctly and efficiently.
How do I get started?
It all starts with contacting us!
- Reach out to Batzner via phone or online to get the ball rolling.
- From there, a Batzner Residential Service Consultant will assess your concerns with you over the phone. We are able to assist with particular pest concerns, or are in need of general preventative pest maintenance.
- We will provide you with a quote that is customized to the size of your home.
- An in-person visit will then be scheduled, at a time that fits within your busy schedule.
- Prior to your scheduled service, you will get a phone call reminder or an email reminder with a photo of your professional.
What should I expect during a service call?
Our Service Professionals will arrive in our familiar Batzner truck to thoroughly inspect the interior and exterior of your home. They will search for causes and evidence of particular pests, and identify other areas where they see the potential for future pest issues.
After the Service Professional inspects and identifies pest problems, they will recommend a targeted treatment plan to meet your specific needs and clearly explain how our services will be provided.
Your visit from Batzner will leave you with the peace of mind that an effective treatment plan has been set in motion to keep you, your family, and your pets safe. Your Service Professional will provide a detailed Service Report explaining the steps they have taken towards pest prevention. If you see issues after 3 weeks, we will come back free of charge.
If you have the cost-effective BAN™ system (recommended), we’ll be back in another three months, or anytime you call us!
Who can I expect?
Batzner professionals are your neighbors and friends. Many of our employees have spent their careers with Batzner with tenures of over 25 years! We are confident in what we do and we have committed people doing it.
We are QualityPro certified, and we like it that way. In order to attain this achievement, each and every one of our employees has met rigorous standards. Our Service Professionals receive continuous training to ensure they stay up-to-date with the latest treatment options. Some of our Service Professionals and Managers have even gone above and beyond to become Associate Certified Entomologists.
How we operate reflects the Batzner’s family integrity. For three generations, we have been family owned and operated providing a high level of trust and commitment to providing legendary service. More than 70 years later our clients continue to trust us to solve their pest issues.
What to expect after your visit?
You will see still Asian Lady Beetles and Boxelder Bugs outside your home. They are sun bathers and will continually come to rest on the sunny sides of your home. After treatment, though, when they land on these areas, they will fall off and eventually die. This cycle will continue, and they will gradually die off until the first frost.
If preventative measures were not taken in the fall, they will likely show up in your home once the weather starts to warm up. Learn more about their behavioral patterns here.
- Occasional carpenter ant sightings are normal, but if activity continues, a satelite nest may also need to be treated
- Carpenter ants outside the home do not indicate an active colony inside the home
- Activity may be seen for up to 30 days; if you see several ants in your home after 30 days, please contact us for a re-treatment
- Activity may be seen for 2-3 weeks after treatment; to help aid results, routinely vacuum
- Stay out of the treated area for at least four hours after treatment is complete
- Clean up any mouse droppings daily; good housekeeping and proper grain storage is key to prevention and control
- It may take 2-5 days for the rodenticide to take effect
- Mouse activity may be seen for up to 14 days; if activity continues beyond that, please call for a follow-up service. Mice are smart and can find alternative entry into your home.
- Nest activity in the yard is normal
- Single nest treatment only guarantees the nest site treated
- Activity around a nest may be seen for up to 72 hours; if activity continues beyond that, please call for a re-treatment. Keep in mind that the presence of stinging insects doesn't necessarily indicate retreatment. They may just be visiting from neighboring nests.