Bed Bug Treatment Options
Serving all of Wisconsin
If bed bugs are discovered, your Batzner team of specialists will discuss our two treatment options and recommend a plan for your property.
1. Conventional Treatments
This treatment uses a concentrated application applied to harborage locations. This method typically includes three applications scheduled two weeks apart to coincide with the bed bug reproduction and incubation cycles. Tenants and pets must vacate during the service and can return after the treated areas have dried (four hours from the time we arrive for service).
For successful treatments, follow this preparation guideline.
- Minimal preparation is required for the first service
- Very effective when done correctly
- Provides residual action against bed bugs, which helps eliminate any bed bugs that come across the area weeks after treatment
- Repeat treatments are usually necessary
- Certain items can’t be treated such as computers or clothing
- Multiple units that are infested
- Cases with high risk for reinfestation
- Most affordable option
Need a pest control estimate?
We'll call you! Our representatives are fast and friendly.
2. Heat Treatments
Heat treatments effectively eliminate bed bugs at all stages of their life cycle. It is a good choice when results are needed quickly or when a chemical-free solution is desired. During the heating process, temperatures will be raised to 120-140 degrees, which is lethal to bed bugs. For added protection, a conventional treatment is applied.Pre-Checklist For successful treatments, follow this preparation guideline. Advantages:
- Eliminates all stages from egg to adult
- Achieves results in a single treatment
- Eliminates bed bugs that are resistant to chemical treatment
- Non-chemical and non-toxic
- Residents must vacate the area, for about 6-12 hours, during treatment
- Higher cost than traditional treatment
- Infestations are heavy and/or are in unconventional places such as computers
- Situations when results are needed quickly
- Small areas, including apartments, dorm rooms, condos and small homes
Why Choose Batzner?
Batzner works quickly to identify and eliminate bed bugs in your home or property. Infestations can quickly get out of control, so it is important to have a pest control professional correctly identify bed bugs and treatments designed for your specific needs.
Trained and knowledgeable professionals, environmental responsibility, and legendary customer service are reasons why customers keep choosing us year after year.