Pantry Pest Control
Serving all of Wisconsin
Pantry pests are one of the most common—and most distressing—pest problems for Wisconsin property owners. But what are pantry pests? Also known as stored product pests, pantry pests are any type of insect that, as their name suggests, infest grains and other dried goods. Pantry pest beetles often manifest in items that are brought into your home from the store. The pantry pest control team at Batzner knows that a pantry pest problem can ruin your day. Read on to learn some of our expert info on pantry pest beetles and bugs.
Need a pest control estimate?
We'll call you! Our representatives are fast and friendly.
How to Prevent & Get Rid of Pantry Pests Naturally
Every pantry pest has its own preference, but you’re most likely to see pantry pests infesting whole grains, flour, rice, corn, beans, dried fruits, seeds, pet food, and other dried goods. In order to get rid of them or prevent them altogether, there are a few things to do on a regular basis:
- Inspect your groceries. At the grocery store and before bringing them indoors, check your purchased goods for any signs of damage.
- Place bay leaves in containers. Sticking a bay leaf inside canisters of dry goods like flour or rice can repel pantry pest beetles.
- Securely store dry goods. To keep pests out, always store food and baking ingredients in airtight containers.
- Check expiration dates. Before you use your ingredients from a year or two ago, make sure to toss any expired items.
- Properly store seasonal items. Dried foliage, Indian corn, and other seasonal items should be kept in sealed containers while not in use throughout the year.
Professional Pantry Pest Extermination
If you have a pantry pest problem in your Wisconsin home, you’re likely looking for the quickest pantry pest control tips. To get rid of pantry pest beetles or weevils, remove all infested items and quickly dispose of them in a secure manner. Thoroughly clean your pantry before returning any items to the pantry.
Pantry pests may be a nuisance, but they thankfully are not as dangerous and will not bite you or your family. If you need assistance with a pantry beetle problem, the pantry pest control experts at Batzner can help—give us a call today!