How to get rid of Starlings in Wisconsin
With glossy black feathers and distinctive iridescent spots, starlings are beautiful to look at. But, as with any bird, you don’t want them to get too close to home. Starlings can damage your property, negatively impact your health, and disrupt your peaceful environment. If you are struggling with these birds near your house or building, read on to learn ways you can get rid of starlings and prevent them from coming back.
Are Starlings Dangerous?
Starlings have a reputation for causing a lot of destruction and health consequences when nesting near human structures. These birds can cause all sorts of problems near your property, including:
- Transmitting dangerous diseases: Starlings are capable of transmitting over 25 diseases to humans or livestock, including salmonella and blastomycosis. They may also leave small dead animals nearby, which could increase your risk of illness.
- Causing property damage: Since starlings prefer to nest in small crevices, they often use their beaks to damage vents for roosting. This can increase your risk of fire hazards, lead to clogged drains or vents, and cost you hundreds of dollars in repairs.
- Fighting with native birds: Starlings are an invasive species that was brought to North America in the late 1800s. They are known for fighting with native species, which can have a negative impact on the local environment.
- Interrupting your rest: Birds aren’t quiet creatures, and starlings have impressive vocal abilities. They don’t rest during the off-season either; they sing all year long, not just when they’re searching for a mate.
Do You Have a Starling Problem? We Can Help.
Click the button below to leave your information & we'll be in touch in an hour or less.
How to Prevent Starlings
Taking a few minutes to prevent starlings is much easier than trying to deal with the birds once they’ve started roosting in your space. If you want to keep starlings out of your property, follow these bird exclusion tips:
- Seal gaps and crevices near your roof
- Install fixing wiring or netting over vulnerable areas
- Remove nest boxes with perches
- Cover fruit and vegetables in your yard with bird netting
- Eliminate any bird feeders or install wiring so only small birds can access
- Try adding a visual deterrent, such as a plastic owl
- Clean your gutters routinely
Your Local Starling Removal Experts
Whether you want help preventing starlings or you need bird removal services, the experts at Batzner Pest Control are here to help. Our team is highly trained and certified by multiple organizations, including the Wisconsin Pest Control Association and QualityPro. We strive to deliver exceptional services that make bird control as easy, humane, and stress-free as possible. If you need fast and reliable bird removal, call us today!
How to get rid of Starlings in Wisconsin in Wisconsin