How to Prevent Mosquitoes in Your Yard
Mosquitoes are attracted to suitable breeding grounds that they find in your yard. In order to breed, mosquitoes need to find standing water. This means that preventing a swarm of mosquitoes in your yard entails limiting the number of potential mosquito breeding grounds on your property. This includes:
- Pouring out standing water
- Covering pools, spas, and birdbaths
- Putting up screens on doors and windows
- Using fans while outside
- Hiring professional mosquito control
Why Are There So Many Mosquitoes in My Backyard?
A region’s climate will play a big part in the amount of mosquitoes present. If you live in an area with humid summers, you will definitely experience an increase in mosquito problems. If you live near densely wooded areas, you should also experience more mosquitoes. Mosquitoes will invade your backyard if they find a proper place to breed. This is why it’s crucial to create an environment that they won’t be atrracted to.
Do You Have a Mosquito Problem? We Can Help.
Click the button below to leave your information & we'll be in touch in an hour or less.
6 Ways to Keep Mosquitoes Out Of Your Yard in Wisconsin
The best steps to take to keep mosquitoes away from your house include:
- Eliminate still water. Pour out or cover standing water in buckets, flowerpots, birdbaths, tarps, and more. Mosquitoes lay their eggs on still water.
- Consider getting fish or an agitator for ponds. Some species of fish will feed on mosquito larvae. You can also add an agitator to stop mosquitoes from laying eggs in the water.
- Install screens on windows and doors. Putting up screens on your doors and windows will you allow you to get fresh air inside your house without letting mosquitoes in.
- Keep your yard tidy. Regularly maintain your garden and lawn, keeping grass short and eliminating excess foliage. Keep your plants and bushes trimmed to take away mosquito resting spots.
- Use fans. Mosquitoes can’t stand the wind. They are not strong fliers, so using fans will help force them away from your outdoor areas.
- Inspect your yard often. Get rid of potential mosquito breeding grounds if you find them in your yard. You can also hire your local mosquito control experts for help.
How Does Professional Mosquito Treatment Prevent Mosquitoes?
If all of the previous tips didn’t get rid of the mosquitoes in your yard, it’s time to call your local mosquito exterminators. The experts at Batzner Pest Control will rid your yard of mosquitoes using repellents, exclusion efforts, or whatever else your property needs.