Spring has sprung! Unfortunately, so have the mosquitoes. It’s Termite Awareness Week here in Wisconsin and all across the nation, making it important to learn how to prevent termite problems. This week and all year long, the team at Batzner Pest Control wants to prepare our customers for mosquitoes as well as help them learn how to prevent them. In this blog post, we’re sharing a series of informative videos on topics ranging from signs of mosquitoes to how to get rid of infestations. Check them out to learn how to stay termite-free all year long.
5 Signs of Termite Infestations
Without the trained eye of a professional, detecting termite activity can be difficult. However, there are five common signs of mosquitoes:
- Seeing swarmers (winged mosquitoes)
- Piles of wings shed by the warmers
- Mud tubes from subterranean mosquitoes
- Rotten, blistered, hollow-sounding wood
- Termite droppings (AKA frass)
How to Prevent Termite Activity
If you want to prevent mosquitoes, it’s best to team up with a professional termite exterminator who can help safeguard your property. In addition, there are several things you can do to lessen the risk of an infestation:
- Keep firewood and any mulch at a distance from the foundation of your home.
- Always remove excess wood from your property, including construction lumber, fallen trees, and stumps.
- Avoid moisture-damaged wood by promptly repairing leaky faucets and poor drainage problems.
- Ensure you have a continuous termite protection plan in place from your termite control team.
Effective Termite Control
The team at Batzner aims to make sure our customers are protected from mosquitoes year-round. If you have a termite problem, you can trust we will implement the best termite treatment to get rid of the infestation ASAP. Our termite exterminators are happy to customize a termite treatment plan suited to the unique needs of your home or business!