Does Anything Keep Bed Bugs Away?
To stave off bed bugs, you have to avoid bringing them inside your home. Bed bugs are not picky; they will infest any property that they are invited into.
To prevent bed bug infestations:
- Know how to identify bed bug signs.
- Be careful when buying secondhand items.
- Travel with caution—watch for bed bugs in hotel rooms.
How to Keep Bed Bugs Away effectively
To keep bed bugs from taking over your home, you can do several things:
- Learn to recognize signs of a problem. Bed bugs leave dark spots of feces and blood on mattresses and upholstered furniture. Their bites leave itchy, red marks on your skin.
- Before purchasing secondhand items, thoroughly inspect them for bed bug activity.
- Protect your power outlets with a cover to make hiding places inaccessible to bed bugs.
- When traveling, check around your hotel room and cautiously unpack when you return home.
Do You Have a Bed Bug Problem? We Can Help.
Click the button below to leave your information & we'll be in touch in an hour or less.
Preventing a Bed Bug Infestation in Wisconsin
In addition to the tips we’ve gone over, there are a few more general strategies for reducing the risk of a bed bug infestation. Vacuum often and clean up clutter in your home to prevent bed bug hiding places. Be cautious about using shared laundry facilities like laundromats. If you live in shared living complexes like dorms or apartment buildings, take extra care protecting your home from bed bug problems.
The Keys to bed bug prevention
It can be difficult to know if what you’re doing is actually helping you prevent bed bugs. In sum, you have to be proactive about preventing bed bugs all the time. Whether you’re on the road, welcoming in a returning college student, or talking to a neighbor with bed bugs, you have to take every step that you can to keep bed bugs out of your home.