How to Get Rid of Mosquitoes in Your Yard
From the end of May through to September, mosquitoes are a big nuisance for Wisconsin residents. Once they’ve established your backyard as their own personal breeding grounds, it can be hard to get them under control. Three the most common and trusted ways to get rid of mosquitoes in your yard are mosquito traps, netting, and repellents.
Most Effective Way to Get Rid of Mosquitoes
If you are dealing with mosquitoes, you likely want them gone ASAP. Mosquito control experts and homeowners alike typically stick to the following three mosquito treatments:
- Mosquito traps come in a variety of options, from sticky traps to carbon dioxide traps. When recommended by your professional pest control expert, these can be an effective way to get rid of mosquitoes.
- Mosquito netting is a great, targeted option for those wishing to avoid mosquito bites at night.
- Mosquito repellents are the most common way to get rid of mosquitoes and come highly recommended by experts when approved by the EPA.
Do You Have a Mosquito Problem? We Can Help.
Click the button below to leave your information & we'll be in touch in an hour or less.
Tips For Keeping Mosquitoes From Coming Back
To keep mosquitoes from returning, it’s important to make your property less attractive to the bugs in the first place. Five easy ways homeowners can make their yard a no-mosquito zone include:
- Getting rid of standing water
- Covering spas, pools, and birdbaths
- Installing screens on windows and doors
- Installing or utilizing fans
- Getting professional mosquito inspections before mosquito season
Long-Term Mosquito Control For Wisconsin Homes
For both effective mosquito control and prevention, the best option is to work with your local mosquito exterminators. The technicians at Batzner Pest Control have a comprehensive understanding of the types of mosquito problems faced here in Wisconsin and can help protect you from them all year long.
How To Get Rid Of Mosquitoes In Your Yard in Wisconsin