Wisconsin restaurants are unfortunately no strangers to the risks of cockroaches. Kitchens and storage areas are home to a number of damp and humid areas where cockroaches thrive. If your customer notices a cockroach in your building, the assumption of poor sanitation practices can possibly lead to a damaged reputation.
However, the dangers of a cockroach infestation reach far beyond your customers’ opinion on the cleanliness of your restaurant.
- Your restaurant may fail health inspections and be subject to fines and shut-downs
- Your stock may also be damaged which could lead to lost revenue
- Cockroaches can carry disease and bacteria, including various allergens and salmonella creating an unsafe environment for your employees, customers and restaurant
If your business has failed a health inspection, or you or your customer has noticed a cockroach, Batzner is your best line of defense. A Batzner Service Specialist will first identify and confirm the cockroach infestation, uncover their source, and implement a treatment and preventative program designed to keep them from coming back.
What can you do in the meantime?
- Implement good sanitation practices including eliminating food waste several times a day
- Maintain a rigorous cleaning schedule
- Eliminate potential moisture areas such as leaking pipes
- Keep premises clean and free of clutter will help eliminate harborage areas
- All cracks, crevices, including pipe openings, should be sealed and checked on a regular basis
- Vacuum regularly will also help to keep cockroaches at bay.
If your business or restaurant may potentially be infested with cockroaches, don’t delay. Call a Batzner Pest Control professional today 800.878.2110.