How to keep mice away in Wisconsin
No home or business wants a rodent infestation, so preventative measures are vital for any property-owner in Wisconsin. Rats and mice don’t enter a home for no reason, they’re looking for food, warmth and shelter. That’s why it’s so important to make sure your home isn’t attractive to any passing rodents. Rodent-proofing your home may look like:
- Sealing cracks and crevices around the home
- Eliminating moisture problems
- Securely storing all food
- Limiting potential nesting materials
Best Tips to Keep Mice & Rats Away
Rodents don’t enter your home for no reason. There are things they look for in a potential habitat, and if you make your property less appealing to them they’ll likely go somewhere else. Prevention is invaluable, because then you don’t have to worry about treating an infestation. Here is more detail on the best tips to keep rats and mice out of your home.
- Make your property hard for rodents to enter by installing door sweeps, repairing damaged screens, and sealing any cracks or crevices that can act as entry points for rodents.
- Avoid leaks or moisture issues, as these can draw all types of pests indoors, especially rodents. Be sure to quickly address any issues to ensure your property is well-ventilated.
- Store all food properly, since rodents are scavengers and are naturally drawn to food inside your home. Keep your food in the pantry sealed in airtight plastic or glass containers.
- Prevent rodent nesting areas by limiting clutter that rodents can use in basements, attics, and other areas.
Do You Have a Rodent Problem? We Can Help.
Click the button below to leave your information & we'll be in touch in an hour or less.
Do Mouse Repellents Work?
You’ve probably seen rat repellents on the shelves of your local grocery or home improvement store. They make a lot of claims, but do they actually work? It may come as an unpleasant surprise, but store-bought repellents are rarely effective at keeping rodents away. They may repel some mice, but if your home provides easy access to food, water, and shelter, they’re probably going to find a way inside. That’s why it’s so important to make your home an unwelcome space for rodents.
Keeping Rodents Out of Your Home
It’s not fun to imagine sharing your home with rats or mice. There are DIY pest control solutions, but if you want to be confident that you’re keeping rodents away from your property, you need a professional. The rodent control experts at Batzner know what to look for, and with our help, we can make your property all but impenetrable to rodents.
How to Keep Mice Away in Wisconsin in Wisconsin