What is rodent exclusion?
We consider exclusion to be the best form of rodent prevention, better than any trap or pesticide. But how does rodent exclusion work? For rats and mice to get into your home they have to get in your home, through any crack or exposed opening they might find. Through exclusion methods you can eliminate these vulnerabilities by:
- Sealing cracks and crevices
- Installing door sweeps and replacing weather stripping
- Installing dryer and stove vent covers
- Placing chimney and plumbing caps
How to Exclude Rodents
Exclusion is the key to keeping rodents and other pests from getting into your property. We can send a technician to implement professional rodent exclusion tactics, but once we leave, there are things you can do yourself. Some of these DIY rat and mouse exclusion tactics include:
- Inspecting the foundation of your property for all cracks, crevices, and other openings
- Closing up gaps with caulk or sealant
- Installing door sweeps on your garage and other doors
- Investing in vents for your dryer and stove, and caps for your plumbing and chimney
- Replacing damaged insulation and deodorizing it
- Sealing entry points into the attic and installing wire mesh over openings
Do You Have a Rodent Problem? We Can Help.
Click the button below to leave your information & we'll be in touch in an hour or less.
The Importance of Rodent Prevention
Rodent exclusion is considered an eco-friendly form of rodent control that can stop an infestation before it begins. You don’t need traps or pesticides, and since you avoid the mess of a nest there’s nothing you have to clean out. Rodent infestations can be a dangerous hassle in several ways, so exclusion will save you effort and frustration. We go as far as to suggest annual exclusion efforts so you’re protected during rodent season in Wisconsin every year.
Rodent Exclusion in Wisconsin
Rats and mice are some of the biggest pest problems in our region of the country. That’s why it’s so crucial to form a relationship with a qualified rodent exterminator, and the rodent exclusion experts at Batzner are exactly what you need. By excluding rodents you’ll have the security of knowing that rats and mice won’t be able to get inside your home or business again!
What is Rodent Exclusion? in Wisconsin