Do it Yourself Bed Bug Treatment
Bed bug removal is best executed by experienced professionals, but there are multiple options for DIY bed bug treatment that you might want to try. While these won’t eliminate an entire infestation, some have been able to reduce an outbreak’s severity.
While these aren’t all effective, some DIY bed bug treatments are:
- Washing linens
- Dryer sheets & moth balls
- Baking soda
- Diatomaceous earth, and more!
How to Get Rid of Bed Bugs On Your Own in Wisconsin
We believe that these are the most generally successful ways to help get rid of bed bugs in your home.
- Vacuuming: Vacuum your whole home, giving extra attention to any known bed bug hot spots. These are often found underneath furniture and near the joints between walls. You can use attachments to cover hard-to-reach areas and effectively vacuum pillows and cushions. Be sure to empty your trash bags outdoors!
- Washing bedding: High heat consistently kills bed bugs. Washing all of your bedding in the washing machine at temperatures above 140°F for over 90 minutes can take care of all of the present bed bugs.
- Freezing: Freezing temperatures work similarly to kill bed bugs. Set your freezer to below 0°F and leave infested items inside for four days or more to kill any bed bugs inside.
Do You Have a Bed Bug Problem? We Can Help.
Click the button below to leave your information & we'll be in touch in an hour or less.
Natural Approaches to Bed Bug Treatments
Many people look to diatomaceous earth, baking soda, tea tree oil, dryer sheets, and other natural methods to stop their bed bug infestations. Unfortunately, while these strategies can work to kill some bed bugs, they will not be your long-term answer. Regardless, some of these approaches might help to curb your infestation and are worth a shot.
What to Do When DIY Bed Bug Treatment Fails
To properly get rid of bed bugs, you will nearly always need to call on a professional bed bug exterminator for assistance. No one wants to have recurring bed bug issues, so having the help of an expert who can take care of your problem quickly is crucial!