How Do I Prepare for Bed Bug Treatment in Wisconsin?
In order to successfully treat your home for bed bugs, you have to prepare for the exterminator to come. Preparation involves cleaning up, allowing access to the exterminator, and taking post-treatment recommendations.
You may be asked to do these things in preparation for treatment:
- Prepare to take your pets with you and vacate your property for several hours.
- Tidy up your home and get rid of any clutter.
- Remove the sheets from your bed and wash them in hot water.
How Do You Need to Prepare for Bed Bug Heat Treatment?
When you hire a professional exterminator for bed bug treatment in your home, they will most likely give you a list of preparatory measures to take. Although it depends on the method of treatment, these are some of the most common preparations:
- Remove the linens from your bedding and any other fabrics from your bedroom. Washing them on a high heat setting.
- Remove any items from furniture or the floor.
- Remove everything from your closets, drawers, and shelving.
- Wash all of your clothing in the hottest water that you can and store in sealed bags for up to two weeks after the treatment.
- Move furniture away from the baseboards to allow access.
Do You Have a Bed Bug Problem? We Can Help.
Click the button below to leave your information & we'll be in touch in an hour or less.
What to Do After Bed Bug Heat or Steam Treatment
Depending on how long it takes to treat your home for bed bugs, you can usually return to your normal routines within a few hours. Make sure not to shampoo or clean your floors for three weeks after your treatment. Also, do not replace your bedding until four hours have passed since treatment. In general, your treatment should prove to be totally effective within a few weeks.
How Many Times Do You Need bed bug treatment?
If you use an effective bed bug treatment that is handled by a professional, you should have your bed bug problem taken care of. If the infestation continues, though, it’s important to reach out to your exterminator for an additional treatment!